PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION
January 18, 2017
By submitting an enrollment application for the
Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science Degree Program, you understand,
acknowledge, and agree to the following terms and conditions. Other terms and
conditions that are not material to an enrollment decision are contained in the
Student Handbook, available after enrollment. These terms are designed to ensure
that both students and IMHS are treated fairly and equitably.
1. The International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. (ICMH) operates the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science (IMHS), a school that teaches practical life-skills and higher metaphysical concepts related to consciousness and existence. The authority to confer religiously-based degrees by a bona-fide religious institution is protected by the U.S. Constitution.
2. IMHS offers non-secular, religiously-based Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees conferred by the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. These degrees are intended for personal and spiritual growth, metaphysical ministry, and metaphysically-related vocations. ICMH/IMHS degrees cannot be used in place of a traditional, secular degree. It is up to any particular employer to decide whether an IMHS degree is compatible with their employment requirements.
3. IMHS is not federally or regionally accredited by any department of the U.S. Government. It is privately accredited by the International Metaphysical Practitioners Association (IMPA), an organizational program of the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. IMPA maintains strict educational standards.
4. IMHS courses do not provide “academic credit,” as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Therefore, IMHS is not required (or eligible) to send out IRS Form 1098-T to students for any tuition paid.
5. All courses are self-study and self-paced. Students may begin at any time after enrollment.
6. There is no deadline as to when students must complete the IMHS Degree Program, but there are tuition considerations as outlined in the Tuition section below.
7. Students are expected to make regular progress in completing degree program courses. It is appreciated when students notify IMHS Administration of any extenuating circumstances that prevents them from making regular progress. There are no contracts requiring students to complete any specific number of courses in any particular time frame.
8. Students are enrolled in respective and paid courses for the duration of their IMHS studies. Once students have graduated with their Doctoral degree, they are unenrolled from their courses. Students are encouraged to save the study material for future reference.
9. Due to the proprietary nature of the IMHS Curriculum, IMHS does not give grade credits for life experience or transfer credits for courses or degrees obtained outside of IMHS.
10. Upon enrollment, students will have access to the IMHS School Portal and will be given a username and password. Sharing of one’s username and password is strictly prohibited.
11. Certain specializations and courses require ministerial ordination from a bona-fide religious institution. These specializations are Spiritual Counseling, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, and Holistic Healing. Specific courses are MHs.M8, M10, M11, M12, and M13. The ordaining institution may be the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism (IMHS’ parent), the Universal Life Church, or another bona-fide religious institution.
12. Students may earn a second
Master’s and Doctoral degree by taking any required. Additional fees apply. Out
of fairness to students who pay the regular tuition rate, students in the
Hardship Scholarship Program or any other IMHS Scholarship Program may not get a
second degree without first paying the difference between the regular tuition
rate and their scholarship rate, plus the additional degree fee.
1. The IMHS Degree Program does not teach traditional college remedial courses related to reading, writing, math, etc. IMHS teaches a proprietary curriculum of practical life skills and spiritual philosophy designed to empower and encourage the student, and to provide valuable skills that will help the student to be more successful in his or her chosen area of specialization as well as in all aspects of life. IMHS’ curriculum is based on the core teachings of the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. IMHS is not a Christianized metaphysics school; however, students are free to believe whatever they wish without judgment.
2. All courses are conducted 100% online. No study materials are available through the mail.
3. To graduate with a Bachelor’s degree, five predetermined courses must be satisfactorily completed. Seven courses must be satisfactorily completed for a Master’s degree, and a written assignment (dissertation) must be completed for a Doctoral degree. In sum, 12 courses and the Doctoral Degree Dissertation must be completed to graduate with the exception of the Para-Anthropology degree in which case 19 predetermined courses are required.
4. All IMHS Bachelor’s courses and the first three Master’s courses are core courses and must be completed one-at-a-time in the order they are numbered. (Note that the paranormal-related specializations do not include Course MHs.M1.) Students will be simultaneously enrolled in all courses required by their chosen specialization that they have paid for (with the exception of Tuition Item 4 below), but must still compete them in the correct order. After the third Master’s course (MHs.M3), students may take their remaining Master’s courses generally in any order provided any prerequisites are satisfied.
5. All IMHS study material is
copyrighted by the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. unless
otherwise specified. Sharing course materials with others is strictly prohibited
and grounds for expulsion with no refunds possible.
1. Current tuition rates, plans, and forms of acceptable payment are available on the IMHS website at http://www.metaphysicsinstitute.org/tuition-enrollment/tuition-rates.
2. In order for an enrollment application to be processed, tuition must be submitted immediately following the submission of the application. Applications without a tuition payment will not be processed. If the prospective student encounters any trouble submitting a tuition payment, he or she should immediately contact IMHS Administration either by telephone or by email. An enrollment application should only be submitted with payment.
3. With the exception of the Para-Anthropology Degree, all tuition plans include 12 courses and all study material for earning a Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree. There are no hidden fees, or monthly or annual fees before or after graduation. Additional courses may be taken at the regular tuition rate either prior to completing one’s Master’ degree or after completing the Doctoral degree. Para-Anthropology tuition plans include 19 courses and all study material for earning three degrees.
4. Students will be enrolled in as many courses as their tuition payment allows at the time of payment. In the case of students who pay their tuition in full, they will be immediately enrolled in all of the courses pertaining to their chosen specialization with the exception of any electives yet to be chosen (if applicable). Once they have completed Course MHs.M1 (if applicable) and have finalized their elective courses, they will be enrolled in their remaining courses immediately.
5. Students may change their specialization (major) at any time, however, doing so may incur additional tuition fees if additional courses are required. For example, if a student pays his/her tuition in full for a particular specialization, but then later changes that specialization to a new one, there may be additional courses required for the new specialization that were not initially paid for. In such cases, the student may elect to not complete any courses not required for the new specialization. However, no refunds or transfers are available for the non-required courses.
6. Students may change their tuition plan at any time by contacting IMHS Administration.
7. Students who choose automatic monthly payment plans receive a tuition consideration (discount). If a particular monthly payment fails, it will be reattempted after 3 to 5 days. Automatic tuition payments that fail three consecutive times will have their tuition plans cancelled and will forfeit any tuition consideration on the total tuition charged unless they immediately reactivate their payment plan by contacting IMHS Administration.
8. Tuition rates remain in effect for a period of five years from the date of enrollment. Students who do not pay for their remaining courses within this time frame may be subject to a tuition rate increase for these remaining courses.
9. Tuition credits are not available for courses or degrees obtained outside of IMHS. The only exception are courses taken at IMHS' sister school, Thomas Francis University (TFU). Please contact Admin for specifics.
10. IMHS offers a Hardship Scholarship Program to students with a genuine financial need who could not otherwise enroll in the Degree Program. This program is extended to students in need on an honor-basis. This is one way that ICMH Church pays it forward. Students must not take advantage of this generosity by requesting the Hardship Scholarship Program solely in an effort to complete the IMHS Degree Program faster or to get out of paying the already low regular tuition rate. IMHS Administration reserves the right to revoke the Hardship Scholarship Program at any time with just cause.
11. Students in the Hardship
Scholarship Program may take additional courses beyond the 12 included in the
scholarship at the regular tuition rate either prior to completing their Master’
degree or after completing their Doctoral degree.
Withdrawal, Cancellation, and Refunds
1. Students are considered as enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program regardless of whether they are currently enrolled in any specific course until such time as the student officially withdraws from the IMHS Degree Program by email or is dismissed for cause by IMHS Administration.
2. Students may take time off from their IMHS studies if desired by simply informing IMHS Administration. No cancellation, suspension, or official withdrawal is necessary. Students in good standing who officially withdraw may re-enroll in the IMHS Degree Program in the future and receive credit for any courses completed. Any tuition paid for courses not completed will also be credited to the student's account.
3. Since IMHS courses and intellectual property are digital in nature, no tuition refunds can be given for any course in which a student is or has been enrolled for any reason including Course MHs.D1: Doctoral Degree Assignment and Dissertation. Application fees charged at initial enrollment are non-refundable. Refunds for tuition credits from approved courses taken at IMHS sister schools are not available.
4. Refunds for courses in which the student has not been enrolled will only be made to students who officially withdraw from the IMHS Degree Program. In such cases, refunds will be issued within two weeks less a $50 processing fee, less any tuition discounts received, and less any PayPal fees paid by IMHS when the tuition was originally submitted. Once a student requests withdrawal, he or she will be unenrolled from all courses immediately.
5. Students who paid their tuition in full upon enrollment and officially withdraw before completing their first eight core courses will forfeit their Full-Pay tuition consideration, thus, affecting the calculation of any refund for unused course tuition.
6. Students in the Hardship Scholarship Program who
officially withdraw will have their Hardship Scholarship Program immediately
revoked. As a result, the tuition for courses already completed will be
recalculated and charged at the regular tuition rate before any refund amounts
1. Students enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program agree to receive and read email updates sent by IMHS Administration. Due to the importance of student body communication, students are not allowed to opt out of IMHS emails.
2. Student birthdays are remembered each year in the form of an email sent on their birthday, and students agree to allow this email to be sent.
3. Students must maintain a working email address
in order to be enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program and any included courses. In
the event that an email no longer works, the student will be unenrolled from the
IMHS Degree Program as well as any courses until such time that a working email
address is received by IMHS Administration.
1. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time, and in such case, any revisions will be considered retroactively binding.