PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION
July 1, 2021
By submitting an enrollment application for the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science Degree Program, you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following terms and conditions. Other terms and conditions that are not material to an enrollment decision are contained in the Student Handbook, available after enrollment. These terms are designed to ensure that both students and IMHS are treated fairly and equitably.
MISSION: To raise the awareness and vibrational level of humanity and to change lives positively by teaching grounded metaphysical concepts and practical life-skills that allow people to get past the things that hold them back thus empowering them to live happier, more enriched, and more enlightened lives with a view to self-completeness and self-actualization.
VISION: To become widely recognized as the preeminent educational institution for those seeking a grounded and realistic approach to understanding consciousness, existence, and the human condition. Our vision is a world in which self-acceptance, self-responsibility, respect for free will, and self-completeness lead to an increased awareness and knowledge of the human condition and human potential thereby producing and promoting peaceful coexistence among all peoples. We envision IMHS concepts and principles inspiring students to make a positive difference in their own lives as well as in the lives of those within their sphere of influence thus spreading positive change throughout the planet.
SHARED VALUES: We believe in empowering students and staff with mutual respect, tolerance, and equality in the spirit of Do no harm; Do right. There is no place in our organization for racism or intolerance. We believe in showing honor and fairness to students and staff in every way. We also believe that students are capable of accomplishing anything they set their minds to, and we will do our absolute best in helping students to accomplish their educational goals and objectives.
1. The International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. (ICMH) operates the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science (IMHS), a school that teaches practical life-skills and higher metaphysical concepts related to consciousness and existence. The authority to confer religiously-based degrees by a bona-fide religious institution is protected by the U.S. Constitution.
2. IMHS offers non-secular, religiously-based bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees conferred by the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. These degrees are intended for personal and spiritual growth, metaphysical ministry, and metaphysically-related vocations. ICMH/IMHS degrees cannot be used in place of a traditional, secular degree. It is up to any particular employer to decide whether an IMHS degree is compatible with their employment requirements.
3. IMHS is not federally or regionally accredited by any department of the U.S. Government. It is privately accredited by the International Metaphysical Practitioners Association (IMPA), an organizational program of the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. IMPA maintains strict educational standards.
4. IMHS courses do not provide “academic credit,” as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Therefore, IMHS is not required (or eligible) to send out IRS Form 1098-T to students for any tuition paid.
5. All courses are self-study and self-paced. Students may begin at any time after enrollment.
6. There is no deadline as to when students must complete the IMHS Degree Program, but there are tuition considerations as outlined in the Tuition section below.
7. Students are expected to make regular progress in completing degree program courses. It is appreciated when students notify IMHS Administration of any extenuating circumstances that prevents them from making regular progress. Except for our Level 1 Scholarship Program, there are no contracts requiring students to complete any specific number of courses in any particular time frame (See 4.11 below).
8. Students are enrolled in respective and paid courses for the duration of their IMHS studies. Once students have graduated with their Doctoral degree, they are unenrolled from their courses. Students are encouraged to save the study material for future reference.
9. Due to the proprietary nature of the IMHS Curriculum, IMHS does not give grade credits for life experience or transfer credits for courses or degrees obtained outside of IMHS except for Thomas Francis University.
10. Upon enrollment, students will have access to the IMHS School Portal and will be given a username and password. Sharing of one’s username and password is strictly prohibited.
11. Certain specializations and courses require ministerial ordination from a bona-fide religious institution. These specializations are Spiritual Counseling, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, and Holistic Healing. Specific courses are MHs.M8, M10, M11, M12, M13, M35, M36, and M37. The ordaining institution may be the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism (IMHS’ parent), the Universal Life Church, or another bona-fide religious institution.
12. Students may earn a second doctoral degree by taking any required courses applicable to said degree. Additional fees apply. Out of fairness to students who pay the regular tuition rate, students in the Level 1 Scholarship Program or any other IMHS Scholarship Program may not get a second degree without first paying the difference between the regular tuition rate and their scholarship rate, plus the additional degree fee.
1. The IMHS Degree Program does not teach traditional college remedial courses related to reading, writing, math, etc. IMHS teaches a proprietary curriculum of practical life skills and spiritual philosophy designed to empower and encourage the student, and to provide valuable skills that will help the student to be more successful in his or her chosen area of specialization as well as in all aspects of life. IMHS’ curriculum is based on the core teachings of the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. IMHS is not a Christianized metaphysics school; however, students are free to believe whatever they wish without judgment.
2. All courses are conducted 100% online. No study materials are available through the mail.
3. To graduate with a Bachelor’s degree, five predetermined courses must be satisfactorily completed. Seven courses must be satisfactorily completed for a master’s degree, and a written assignment (dissertation) must be completed for a Doctoral degree. In sum, 12 courses and the Doctoral Degree Assignment must be completed to graduate with the exception of the Para-Anthropology degree in which case 19 predetermined courses are required.
4. All IMHS Bachelor’s courses and the first three master’s courses are core courses and must be completed one-at-a-time in the order they are numbered. Students will be simultaneously enrolled in all courses required by their chosen specialization that they have paid for (with the exception of unchosen electives, if applicable), but must still compete them in the correct order. After the third master’s course (MHs.M3), students may take their remaining master’s courses generally in any order provided any prerequisites are satisfied.
5. All IMHS study material is copyrighted by the International Church of Metaphysical Humanism, Inc. unless otherwise specified. Sharing course materials with others is strictly prohibited and grounds for expulsion with no refunds possible.
1. Current tuition rates, plans, and forms of acceptable payment are available on the IMHS website at https://www.metaphysicsinstitute.org.
2. In order for an enrollment application to be processed, tuition must be submitted immediately following the submission of the application. Applications without a tuition payment will not be processed. If the prospective student encounters any trouble submitting a tuition payment, he or she should immediately contact IMHS Administration either by telephone or by email. An enrollment application should only be submitted with payment.
3. With the exception of the Para-Anthropology Degree, all tuition plans include 12 courses and all study material for earning a bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree. There are no hidden fees, or monthly or annual fees before or after graduation. Additional courses may be taken at the regular tuition rate in effect either prior to completing one’s Master’ degree or after completing the Doctoral degree. Para-Anthropology tuition plans include 19 courses and all study material for earning a bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree.
4. Students will be enrolled in as many courses as their tuition payment allows at the time of payment. In the case of students who pay their tuition in full, they will be immediately enrolled in all of the courses pertaining to their chosen specialization with the exception of any electives yet to be chosen (if applicable). Once they have completed Course MHs.M1 (if applicable) and have finalized their elective courses, they will be enrolled in their remaining courses immediately.
5. Students may change their specialization (major) at any time, however, doing so may incur additional tuition fees if additional courses are required. For example, if a student pays his/her tuition in full for a particular specialization, but then later changes that specialization to a new one, there may be additional courses required for the new specialization that were not initially paid for. In such cases, the student may elect to not complete any courses not required for the new specialization. However, no refunds or transfers are available for the non-required courses.
6. Students may change their tuition plan at any time by contacting IMHS Administration.
7. Students who choose automatic monthly payment plans receive a tuition consideration (discount). If a particular monthly payment fails, it will be reattempted after 3 to 5 days. Automatic tuition payments that fail two consecutive times will have their tuition plans cancelled and will forfeit any tuition consideration on the total tuition charged unless they immediately reactivate their payment plan by contacting IMHS Administration.
8. Tuition rates will not increase once the tuition has been paid. Otherwise, tuition rates remain in effect for a period of five years from the date of enrollment. Students who do not pay for their remaining courses within this time frame may be subject to a tuition rate increase for the remaining courses.
9. Tuition credits are not available for courses or degrees obtained outside of ICMH Schools. Please contact Admin for specifics.
10. IMHS offers a Level 1 Scholarship Program to students with a genuine financial need who could not otherwise enroll in the Degree Program. This program is extended to students in need on an honor-basis. This is one way that ICMH Church pays it forward. Students must not take advantage of this generosity by requesting the Level 1 Scholarship Program solely to complete the IMHS Degree Program faster or to get out of paying the already low regular tuition rate. IMHS Administration reserves the right to revoke the Level 1 Scholarship Program at any time with just cause.
11. Students in the Level 1 Scholarship Program must complete at least one course each 60 days to retain their special scholarship tuition rates (extensions can be made for extenuating circumstances). Otherwise, the special scholarship tuition rates may be withdrawn and offered to other students in need. In such an event, the student will not be unenrolled from the degree program and can continue their studies under the standard tuition rates in effect.
12. Unfortunately, federal accreditation is unavailable to metaphysical colleges and universities. Therefore, we are unable to accept any form of tuition payment that requires federal accreditation including federal student loans, grants, and VA benefits.
INSTRUCTORS AND STAFF:
1. Instructors and staff genuinely want to see all students do well and succeed in their studies as well as in their careers. Therefore, we pledge to assist students with their studies in any way possible. This includes positive comments on work performed as well as suggestions for improvement, as necessary.
2. We also promise to respond to student emails promptly as well as grade completed exams/assignments as fast as possible, but in no case shall more than 24 hours pass without a response. (If you do not hear back from an instructor within 24 hours, it is likely something happened to the email or notice enroute. Please reach out again via email or phone call.)
3. Students are expected to give their best effort by studying carefully and thoroughly, apply what is learned, and follow all instructions provided.
4. Students are also expected to reply to all instructor emails and instructions when requested in a prompt and timely fashion.
5. Students are expected to follow the Shared Values in the first section above as well as abide by all school policies, terms, and conditions.
1. Students are considered as enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program regardless of whether they are currently enrolled in any specific course until such time as the student officially withdraws from the IMHS Degree Program by email or is dismissed for cause by IMHS Administration.
2. Students may take time off from their IMHS studies if desired by simply informing IMHS Administration. No cancellation, suspension, or official withdrawal is necessary. Students in good standing who officially withdraw may re-enroll in the IMHS Degree Program in the future and receive credit for any courses completed. Any tuition paid for courses not completed will also be credited to the student's account.
3. In extreme cases where student behavior and/or performance is not in accord with the terms contained in this document and/or the Student Handbook, disciplinary action may be taken by Admin which can include dismissal and revocation of any earned degrees. Such actions are rare and not taken without just cause. In the event that action is taken, tuition refunds will be handled in accordance with items 4 and 5 directly below.
4. Since IMHS courses and intellectual property are digital in nature, no tuition refunds can be given for any course in which a student is or has been enrolled for any reason including Course MHs.D1: Doctoral Degree Assignment and Dissertation. Application fees charged at initial enrollment are non-refundable. Refunds for tuition credits from approved courses taken at IMHS sister schools are not available.
5. Refunds for courses in which the student has not been enrolled will only be made to students who officially withdraw from the IMHS Degree Program. In such cases, refunds will be issued within two weeks less a $50 processing fee, less any tuition discounts received, and less any credit/debit card merchant fees paid by IMHS when the tuition was originally submitted. Once a student requests withdrawal, he or she will be unenrolled from all courses immediately.
6. Students who paid their tuition in full upon enrollment and officially withdraw before completing their first eight core courses will forfeit their Full-Pay tuition consideration, thus, affecting the calculation of any refund for unused course tuition.
7. Students in the Level 1 Scholarship Program who officially withdraw will have their Scholarship Program immediately revoked. As a result, the tuition for courses already completed will be recalculated and charged at the regular tuition rate before any refund amounts are determined.
1. Students enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program agree to receive and read email updates sent by IMHS Administration. Due to the importance of student body communication, students are not allowed to opt out of IMHS emails.
2. Student birthdays are remembered each year in the form of an email sent on their birthday, and students agree to allow this email to be sent.
3. Students must maintain a working email address to be enrolled in the IMHS Degree Program. In the event that an email no longer works, the student will be unenrolled from the IMHS Degree Program as well as any courses until such time that a working email address is received by IMHS Administration.
1. Student contact information is not shared with anyone for any reason outside of ICMH Church and school staff.
2. Students’ names are posted on the school website for graduations and honor roll. Any student who does not want his/her name posted can request this from Admin.
1. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time, and in such case, any revisions will be considered retroactively binding.
2. Specific instructions, grade and graduation requirements, and other policies contained within courses, study material, and the Student Handbook are also deemed to be part of this document.